A Designer’s Guide to the Dark Arts of Workplace Politics
In this talk, Yitong will go over the dark art of navigating workplace politics from the perspective of an IC designer. Most people don’t do it because it feels icky and mysterious, to their great detriment. But if you do it right, it’s a powerful and legitimate tool in your belt.
🗓 Wednesday, August 19 | 12PM EDT
🎟 Free to attend
25 mins presentation followed by 15 mins Q&A
View session directly in the browser
Link will be sent 24 hours before the event
✨ About the Session
Most people don’t do it because it feels icky and mysterious, to their great detriment. But if you do it right, it’s a powerful and legitimate tool in your belt.
Why? Because you can:
1. Create better problems and constraints that lead to a superior solution space for your design
2. Influence the roadmap so that your team can work on the right problems.
3. Change the project process so that you and your team can deliver higher quality products
Why you should trust Yitong:
1. They’re probably the only designer who majored and taught organizational psychology (aka the study of work teams)
2. They’ve successfully navigated their own organization: initiating major projects that shaped the roadmap, and changing the way we work.