Lead Product Designer
Output is one of the most influential and fastest-growing music-making software companies in the world. Endorsed by top-tier artists like Drake, Bjork, Rihanna, and Coldplay, they are on a mission to inspire a new generation of music makers. There platform brings the power of a studio to anyone, wherever they are. Armed with groundbreaking products that provide new sources of inspiration and sound, they at Output are on an endless journey to revolutionize the way creators make music.
Output is expanding, and now seeking a Lead Product Designer to pioneer the future of music creation. As a Lead Product Designer at Output, you will be instrumental in shaping the music creation industry. You will spearhead the design journey of a groundbreaking consumer-facing product that promises to revolutionize the music-making landscape, making it more user-friendly, innovative, and visually captivating than ever before.
• This application is open to candidates authorized to work in the US only and must live in one of the following states to qualify: California, Oregon, Washington State, Arizona, Illinois, Georgia, Florida, New York, New Jersey, North Carolina, Colorado, and Texas.
• Generally speaking, this role is remote. However, there is a strong preference for someone based in San Francisco who can work in the office a couple days a week.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Champion new, innovative and beautiful designs that inspire and empower people to create music.
- Shape and expand the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches, wireframes, and visual design.
- Facilitate and participate in user research and testing. You’ll use the synthesis of this work to continually evolve this experience to be above and beyond best in class.
- Help develop and execute a product design strategy that aligns with the product’s goals.
- Have relentless attention to detail that leads to shipping pixel perfect UI.
- Partner with designers, product managers, engineers and others in the organization to help evolve the product.
- Help inspire and elevate the design team, guiding and mentoring designers and fostering a culture of design excellence within the team.
What we are looking for:
- 6+ years of proven experience in fast-paced product environments.
- Design experience in a consumer application, product, or software role.
- A compelling portfolio showcasing high-quality design work.
- A strong, opinionated design perspective, open to constructive input.
- Expertise in best-in-class design patterns.
- Ability to dissect complex problems and craft intuitive design solutions.
- A track record of close collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter mentality with a penchant for seeing projects through.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma, Protopie, Photoshop, After Effects, Jira, and others.
- Experience in music production or equivalent is preferred.
- A perpetually curious mindset.
$150,000 – $200,000 a year
Salary will be determined based on experience and location.
💰 Competitive salary: Our salary bands are adjusted based on cost of living factors. For this role, the range is: $150K – $200K USD.
🏝 Work remotely: We are a remote company but offer the opportunity to work in our LA or SF office. We have employees living in 12 states and allow everyone to work from those 12.
💪 Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members. We provide options for 100% coverage of medical, dental and vision. We also provide buy up options and dependents also receive 75% coverage of their premiums.
💻 Home office setup: Get a laptop + $300 to set up your home office.
👓 Growth mindset fund: $250 for learning and development/year
⛺️ Minimum vacation: At least 5 weeks/year, with 9 sick days, select Summer half Friday’s and an early shut down the day before a holiday
🙌 Share & Support
Please let know you found this position on DesignX Job Board as a way to support us so we can keep fostering this community.