About the Job
We are looking for an experienced full-time Lead System Designer with experience in economy design, gameplay balance, and progression systems. The ideal candidate will have the outstanding ability to tune economic sources and sinks holistically, and to develop enthralling game systems with deep social experiences in mind. This position will work with the Creative Director, Lead Gameplay Designer, UX team, and Engineering team to bring long-lasting RPG systems to life.
About Our Team
We’re building a team of developers, artists, and storytellers to craft rich, engaging, and cooperative action game experiences. Everyone at our studio, whether an industry vet or a new voice impacts each game through collaborative feedback, mutual respect, and creative empowerment. As part of the Netflix team, we strive to hire the best, and value integrity, excellence, respect, and inclusion. We’re looking for teammates to help establish a collaborative and empowering creative culture, and we’d love to hear from you.
As a Lead Systems Designer, you will…
- Design and implement core progression systems, including economy and UX
- Direct metagame system and narrative design
- Collaborate with UX designers, artists, and engineers in developing pipelines and process
- Contribute to core combat and encounter design efforts
- Create design documentation and guides for the dev team to reference
- The ability to lead a team of designers
- Receptive to critique and feedback
- Able to communicate ideas clearly and effectively
- Self-starter willing to find solutions and ask questions when needed
- Attention to detail and a desire to make excellent action games
Skills & Experience:
- Strong knowledge of RPG progression systems
- Experience with economy models and implementation
- Narrative design and writing experience
- Two or more shipped action RPG games
Would Love to See:
- Experience working with the Unreal engine
- A passion for cooperative action games
- Plays broadly across multiple games of varied genres
- Works effectively with both offsite and onsite teams
- Enjoys learning new skills, mentoring others, and fostering positive relationships
- Experience establishing pipelines and data structures for innovative game mechanics
- Los Angeles Preferred (as the product needs demand)
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $200,000 – $500,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here