Lead UX Product Designer, Post Purchase
Working at Target means helping all families discover the joy of everyday life. We bring that vision to life through our values and culture. Learn more about Target here.
Target UX is a group of design, content, research, and accessibility practitioners and experts, with a passion for improving and innovating our digital experiences for Target’s guests, team members, and partners. Here, we pride ourselves on designing tangible, inspiring, and impactful solutions that serve all aspects of our business– and being a part of the team means you will play a critical role for Target’s digital experience by increasing ease, simplicity, value, and delight for every touchpoint.
About the role:
As a Lead Product Designer within our Enterprise UX Team, you will be responsible for collaborating on a team in creating seamless and intuitive experiences for in-store guests and team members. This includes designing and optimizing checkout processes, guest services interactions, returns procedures, and loss prevention measures. You will collaborate with cross-functional partners to define the product vision, develop strategies, and execute initiatives that enhance the in-store experience and drive business success. Previous experience in an enterprise setting is preferred.
As a Lead on the Target UX team you will play a crucial role in driving the product development process, ensuring that our designs align with user needs, business objectives, and technological feasibility.
- Develop and contribute to UX strategy and vision for product experiences across digital platforms – influencing investment, collaborations, and the balance of new vs. Iteration
- Use your influence to identify and pursue user-centric outcomes within and across products
- Effectively facilitate multiple cross functional working teams and collaborate across multiple design and product teams
- Create design deliverables representative of the design process phase – such as journey maps, wireframes, user flows, UI design and prototypes
- Guide design process and mentor junior designers
- Investigate using both qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Hold design work to a high standard of craft, including accessibility, user research, information architecture, interaction design, visual design
- Advance a culture of human-centered practice within UX, product, and engineering teams
- Build a network of relationships to enable your vision in service of our guest experience and Target as a whole
- 7+ years experience as a product designer with a strong portfolio showcasing successful product designwork
- You thrive at the intersection of design strategy, scaled solutions, and craft
- Expert skills in UX and product design, as well as structuring and planning work, and owning the design process
- Advanced proficiency in product design and prototyping tools (i.e., in Figma)
- Advanced strategic problem-solving, systems thinking, and collaboration skills
- Proven ability to effectively use data and insights to set your direction and communicate your approach
- You balance the need for near-term solutions and long-term vision
- You are an expert in communicating how design connects to, serves, and improves businessoutcomes
- Exhibit a growth mindset
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid (known internally at Target as “Flex for Your Day”) work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at a Target location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member’s core role may be performed either remote or onsite at a Target location depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
The pay range is $126,600.00 – $227,900.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.
Application deadline is : 02/29/2024
Minneapolis, MN, USA
🙌 Share & Support
Please let know you found this position on DesignX Job Board as a way to support us so we can keep fostering this community.