Principal Product Designer, UI Systems
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we’re building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We’re on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you’ll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
As Principle Designer, UI Systems at Roblox, you will directly shape how designers and engineers build beautiful, high quality and cohesive experiences across our user-facing products. You’ll take part in establishing a universal design systems practice—establishing patterns that work across mobile, desktop, console, XR, and beyond. You will shape and build upon our product design system, uiBlox. You’ll be an essential contributor in establishing our design patterns and visual language by creating UX frameworks and patterns. You’ll guide the vision for the system, foundations and tools that empower our product designers and engineers to build high-quality, well-designed experiences. You will establish the foundations of our product experiences and have oversight of all components and documentation that power our global design team re-imagining how we build for the metaverse.
- You will work with cross functional partners to develop a strategy and plan to move our design system efforts to the next level, based on your understanding of the unique requirements, opportunities, and constraints here at Roblox.
- Collaborate across product areas to diplomatically advocate for the uiBlox Design System, exploring new product opportunities, promoting standards, and integrating feedback and changes into design systems.
- Design and spec universal components that work across all platforms and input types where Roblox can be found—i.e. Mobile, desktop, console, and XR
- You’ll build tools and plugins and focus on how to constantly improve context and clarity throughout the organization.
- Work in close collaboration with the Design leadership team to evolve design processes and foster a culture of inclusion, collaboration and innovation.
- You will report to the Design Systems Lead
- Extensive knowledge, passion, and practical experience producing inclusive, accessible, beautiful, multi-platform design systems at scale.
- A great sense of craft and experience in multiple design fields (UX, UI, design systems, prototyping)
- Experience building and nurturing an inclusive and empowering environment for a design team to do innovative and impactful work .
- Delivered high-quality experiences in close partnership with engineering , product management, and executive stakeholders .
- The ability to articulate design strategy through well-crafted, strategic presentations.
- Embody a learner and mentor mentality; curiosity and ongoing self-education in the field of design systems.
- Experienced with 7+ years of professional experience as a product designer with specific experience in design systems and a Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Design, Ergonomics, or related fields.
- A Cross-Functional Expert who will inspire global design, product, and engineering teams to establish UI standards.
- You are an expert on design patterns and are comfortable crafting experiences across mobile, tablet, desktop, and console.
- A Leader who excels at cross-functional collaboration, and works to improve the people, product, and process on your team and beyond.
Annual Salary Range
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex – Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
San Mateo, CA, USA
Senior / Manager
🙌 Share & Support
Please let know you found this position on DesignX Job Board as a way to support us so we can keep fostering this community.