Okta is the leading independent provider of identity for the enterprise. The Okta Identity Cloud enables organizations to securely connect the right people to the right technologies at the right time. With over 7,000 pre-built integrations to applications and infrastructure providers, Okta customers can easily and securely use the best technologies for their business. Over 10,000 organizations, including 20th Century Fox, JetBlue, Nordstrom, Slack, Teach for America and Twilio, trust Okta to help protect the identities of their workforces and customers.Customer Identity Cloud (formerly Auth0) is an easy to implement, authentication and authorization platform designed by developers for developers. Basically, we make applications’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in.
Location: U.S. or Canada
Position Description: We are looking for a University student pursuing a UX Design, Interaction design, engineering or related degree who is interested in a 12-week Summer 2023 Internship. The ideal candidate will share our passion and pride in the simple elegance and usability of our solution. During this internship you will work on our administrative dashboard to improve how our customers navigate and configure our product. You are a problem solver who cares about making a meaningful impact and enjoys working as part of a collaborative, high growth, distributed team.
You will join our Developer Experience Product Domain.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work cross-functionally with Product Managers and Engineers to understand the team’s priorities
- Participate in research and communicate insights to help the team understand customer problems
- Design thoughtful, intuitive, and creative solutions
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to develop and expand our design system
- Define data and analytics to measure design solutions
- Share work early and often and seek out constructive feedback from peers, product teams, and other stakeholders
- Iterate on solutions based on direct and indirect stakeholder feedback
- Work together with designers on other product teams to keep work consistent, improve quality, contribute to our team processes and principles
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Can distill complex problems into precise, simple, and delightful solutions
- Experience developing wireframes and prototypes
- Have an understanding of UI/UX/Visual design concepts and a keen eye for detail
- Understand the importance of consistent UX patterns to improve the overall user experience and look and feel.
- Have contributed to the development of a comprehensive design system
- Proficient with Figma (or similar design tools)
- Have a strong portfolio that demonstrates excellence and passion for product design
- Have experience designing enterprise products (B2B), ideally designing products for developers.
- Know how to make use of qualitative and quantitative data to back up your design decisions as well as suggest new research
- Have strong product sensibility
- Can transform challenging workflows into simple, usable and elegant experiences for developers.
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote-friendly environment.
- Bonus: Experience with front-end development
Okta’s Intern Program
As an intern, you’ll do real work that matters. While you’re on board, you’ll work on meaningful projects and have an opportunity to see what working at Okta is all about. You’ll also have the support of your mentor and manager to help you develop new skills.
Our interns have the opportunity to build a strong community – with their fellow interns, within their teams, and with the broader company. We want you to grow professionally and you’ll do that through participating in events like our Executive Speaker Series and Brown Bags. And of course, we want you to have fun too.
Interns may choose the format of their internship: either in-person at one of our Okta offices, or virtually. We give our interns the opportunity to choose the option that best suits their needs.
We offer 12 week internships in the U.S. in the Summer and 16 week co-ops in Canada.
Education and Training: (In progress – Dec. 2023 or May/June 2024 Grad) BA, MA, or PhD in Design or related field.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physial or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran.We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.
Okta offers everything you need to support your work, your life, and your work-life balance. Click here to learn more: https://rewards.okta.com/us
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Individuals seeking employment at this company are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. When submitting your application above, you are being given the opportunity to provide information about your race/ethnicity, gender, and veteran status. This information helps us support or diversity, inclusion, and belonging efforts, as well as maintain fair and equitable hiring practices.
Completion of the form is entirely voluntary. Whatever your decision, it will not be considered in the hiring process or thereafter. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained in a confidential file.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by making the appropriate selection. As a government contractor subject to Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA. Classification of protected categories is as follows:
A “disabled veteran” is one of the following: a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
A “recently separated veteran” means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran’s discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
An “active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran” means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
An “Armed forces service medal veteran” means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
Pay TransparencyOkta complies with all applicable federal, state, and local pay transparency rules. For additional information about the federal requirements, click here.
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Page 1 of 1
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Why are you being asked to complete this form?We are a federal contractor or subcontractor required by law to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified people with disabilities. We are also required to measure our progress toward having at least 7% of our workforce be individuals with disabilities. To do this, we must ask applicants and employees if they have a disability or have ever had a disability. Because a person may become disabled at any time, we ask all of our employees to update their information at least every five years.
Identifying yourself as an individual with a disability is voluntary, and we hope that you will choose to do so. Your answer will be maintained confidentially and not be seen by selecting officials or anyone else involved in making personnel decisions. Completing the form will not negatively impact you in any way, regardless of whether you have self-identified in the past. For more information about this form or the equal employment obligations of federal contractors under Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp.
How do I know if I have a disability?You are considered to have a disability if you have a physical or mental impairment or medical condition that substantially limits a major life activity, or if you have a history or record of such an impairment or medical condition.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Autoimmune disorder, for example, lupus, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, or HIV/AIDS
- Blind or low vision
- Cerebral palsy
- Deaf or hard of hearing
- Depression or anxiety
- Gastrointestinal disorders, for example, Crohn’s Disease, or irritable bowel syndrome
- Intellectual disability
- Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
- Nervous system condition for example, migraine headaches, Parkinson’s disease, or Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Psychiatric condition, for example, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, PTSD, or major depression
PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.