Senior Product Designer, Design System
About the Team
All user actions (creating objects, drawing, or organizing and interacting with content) on and around Miro boards are being designed and developed by the whiteboard experience team in the Core product stream. This stream is foundational for Miro and directly impacts each user on our platform.
Next to board content our cross-functional team also creates the tools and interactions around the board, so users can find and manage content and projects, enable users to share and collaborate in real time, and use 3rd party apps or integrate board content with other workflows.
And next to doing so on desktop devices, we also design the Miro experience on smartphones, tablets, interactive meeting room displays, and digital whiteboards, so Miro users can collaborate from anywhere.
To learn more about our product design team, please check this page on our website!
About the Role
Miro has turned from an online whiteboard into a large-scale collaboration platform that includes millions of users and their accounts. As a Senior Product Designer for our Design Platform team you help us scale and mature our Miro-wide design system.
You will work closely with product managers, engineers, and designers to create and align components and create supporting guidelines in our design system and supporting libraries. You’ll lead governance, supported by a contribution model for product teams that you’ll help develop and implement. With the support of our accessibility team, you’ll ensure that accessibility becomes part of everything we build.
This role requires a systematic approach to solution design, combined with strong product design skills, a strong sense of aesthetic, a passion for complex problem solving, and outstanding leadership- and interpersonal skills.
Designers participate in all steps of the value creation process: observing users and usage, defining problems and points of friction, exploring the potential solutions, testing both assumptions and solutions, then launching it, followed by measuring success.
Each role at Miro is based at one of our physical hubs, and we look for talent that wants to be part of these local, collaborative communities. Mironeers work in a hybrid model, with a 3 days-a-week in office culture as our baseline.
This role can be based in either our Berlin OR Amsterdam hub.
What you’ll do
- Develop and align components in Miro’s design system, for both engineers (React library) and designers (Figma library)
- Set up a scalable and maintainable structure for our Figma library and product-specific satellite libraries (Miro.com, brand team, etc.)
- Develop and implement a contribution model enabling product teams to collaborate on the design system and engage product designers to become active design system contributors and evangelists
- Develop design principles and guidelines for members of the various design teams in Miro
- Prepare Miro’s design system for localization and internationalization in other locales
- Work with the A11Y designer to include accessibility guidelines in the design system
- Define, refine, and track long-term goals and success metrics for Miro’s design system
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Exceptional systems thinking with an ability to scale detailed design solutions across different applications and platforms
- Strong visual design skills
- Experience with A11Y guidelines and implementing these at scale
- Expert technical knowledge and skills in Figma, working with advanced capabilities such as libraries and analytics, variants, autolayout, and dev mode
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Cross-functional collaboration mentality and leadership skills
What’s in it for you
- Competitive equity package
- Medical insurance coverage
- Lunch, snacks and drinks provided in the office
- Wellbeing benefit and WFH equipment allowance
- Annual learning and development allowance to grow your skills and career
- Travel allowance for your commute
- Opportunity to work for a globally diverse team
- Inspiring workplace in the heart of Amsterdam
Miro provides a visual workspace for innovation that enables distributed teams of any size to dream, design, and build the future together. Our mission is to empower teams to create the next big thing by creating a place where teams can create together seamlessly, regardless of location.
Today, more than 50 million users in 180,000 organizations including Nike, Ikea, Deloitte, WPP, and Cisco depend on Miro to improve product development collaboration, to speed up time to market, and to make sure that new products and services deliver on customer needs.
Miro’s visual workspace enables distributed teams to come together to synthesize information, develop strategy, design products and services, and manage processes all throughout the innovation lifecycle. When you look at a Miro Board, you can see hundreds of collaborators moving through the space as named cursors on the screen designing, contributing ideas, providing feedback, and co-creating together with shared tools and information.
Everyone in Miro has access to the same shared capabilities designed for innovation including diagramming, wireframing, real-time data visualization, and built-in support for agile practices. Miro’s workspace is integrated with more than 130 other applications including Jira, Azure DevOps, Asana, Zoom, Slack, and Teams, many of which offer two-way integrations and can be dynamically updated directly from Miro.
Miro enables organizations to accelerate time to market and ensure continuous alignment with customer needs and company strategy. In most organizations, Miro is used by product development teams looking for a new, better way to drive innovation. However, we see more teams including marketing, sales, management consulting, architecture, creative design, and HR that are increasingly applying innovation methodologies such as design thinking and agile practices and adopting Miro for this work.
Check out more about life at Miro:
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@lifeatmiro
- Blog: https://miro.com/careers/life-at-miro/all/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wearemiro/
At Miro, we strive to create and foster an environment of belonging and collaboration across cultural differences. Miro’s mission — Empower teams to create the next big thing — is how we think about our product, people, and culture. We believe that creating big things requires diverse and inclusive teams. Diversity invites all talent with different demography, identities and styles to step in, and inclusion invites them to step closer together. Every day, we are working to build a more diverse Miro, cultivate a sense of belonging for future and current Mironeers around the world, and foster an environment where everyone can collaborate and embrace differences.
Senior / Manager
🙌 Share & Support
Please let know you found this position on DesignX Job Board as a way to support us so we can keep fostering this community.