Senior Product Designer, Sports Media
theScore, a wholly-owned subsidiary of PENN Entertainment , empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering fans highly personalized live scores, news, stats, and betting information from their favorite teams, leagues, and players. theScore’s sports betting app ‘theScore Bet Sportsbook & Casino’ delivers an immersive and holistic mobile sports betting and iCasino experience. theScore Bet is currently live in the Company’s home province of Ontario. theScore also creates and distributes innovative digital content through its web, social and esports platforms.
About the team
Join theScore team at the heartbeat of the media app. You’ll have a central role in shaping our player stats, game matchups, and league pages for sports fans across North America. The ultimate sporting experience starts with this team – and with you! On this team, you’ll play a role in simplifying dense real-time data and build complex stat comparisons for different sporting events. You’ll also build engaging activities and add visual support for the pre-game, live game, and post game. This team manages the experience around user favourites and notifications so users can personalize their fandom.
About the Work
- Ship aesthetically pleasing user interfaces that delight and add value to our users.
- Work closely with other product designers, product managers, engineers, and various stakeholders, to contribute to the product roadmap and lead the team in solving user problems from ideation to execution.
- Follow our double-diamond design playbook and various frameworks such as Jobs to Be Done (JTBD) to create user flows, journey maps, wireframes, hi-fi’s etc.
- Leverage and evolve our design system in order to make our design team more efficient.
- Effectively communicate and articulate your thoughts on your designs and processes in order to justify your design decisions
- Being open and receptive to feedback, exploring iterations, and providing objective feedback for other product designers.
- Lead design processes including conducting user research, usability testing etc. and leveraging intelligence tools such as Amplitude for quantitative feedback.
- Always thinking about how to improve team and organizational processes.
- Other duties as required.
- A strong portfolio showing your process of working through full end-to-end experiences, design thinking, and using research to drive decisions.
- You have experience working cross-functionally in order to discover user problems and frame them to work on the right impactful solutions.
- You’re comfortable working autonomously and proactively, while also knowing when to bring others in to move things forward quickly.
- You have excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills, and you’re always considering the business side of design to further the strategy of the company.
- You elevate the design team through the way you approach design – from actively seeking feedback, communicating designs, and setting the standard for execution
- Experience with industry standard design tools (Eg. Figma, Framer, Sketch, Adobe XD, Illustrator, After Effects, Photoshop etc).
- An excellent understanding of iOS and Android patterns and conventions.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation package.
- Comprehensive Benefits package.
- Fun, relaxed work environment.
- Education and conference reimbursements.
theScore is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Toronto, ON, CA
Senior / Manager
🙌 Share & Support
Please let know you found this position on DesignX Job Board as a way to support us so we can keep fostering this community.