Design is important to everything we do. Since our team is still small, our designers have a wide range of tasks, from prototyping new ideas all the way through to polishing the last details. Just like our designs, we like to keep our hiring posts simple. In short, we’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our team to lead our initiatives and product ideas while building out our design system.
We’re looking for someone who:
- is comfortable being part of a small, autonomous, and distributed team and has a strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- is comfortable being the primary or lead designer on product design projects from end to end.
- can communicate sensitively and clearly while collaborating with other designers and engineers.
- is genuinely interested in the product we’re creating—someone who cares about the end-product beyond the pretty pixels. Interest in photography is a plus 😉
- has an excellent knowledge of typography, grid systems, and layout design.
- has a keen eye for aesthetics and details with a data-driven approach.
- has a high level of experience in Figma, more specifically in building out robust components using the latest methodologies while maintaining the design system as a whole.
Some experiences and abilities that would be helpful:
- Experience in designing for iOS and macOS while following Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
- Interest in modern front-end development (HTML, CSS, React)
- Basic understanding of Git and GitHub
At Unsplash we’re enabling everyone to create by making visuals open and accessible.
Today, Unsplash powers more people and products than any other visual search engine in the world, with more than 100 million images downloaded every month —more than the rest of the industry combined. Our team builds unsplash.com, Unsplash for iOS, and the Unsplash API, directly powering over 10,000+ applications including Medium, BuzzFeed, Facebook, Squarespace, Google, Trello, and Square.
We’re depended on every day as a fundamental building block in the creative process, allowing anyone, from students to award-winning creators, access to high-quality, usable imagery.
Our team is made up of people who enjoy making things people love. We care about details and we care about quality. We do more with less. We’re open and transparent about everything we do, both internally and externally.
Available to all full-time employees.
- Work from home
We’re a remote-first company.
- Company retreats
Team retreats when beneficial.
- Flexible hours
You manage your time. You set your working hours.
- Unlimited holidays
We recommend taking no less than 3 weeks for good health.
- Healthcare Plans & Fund
Full healthcare coverage for teammates in almost every country. If we can’t provide a plan for your country, we make a Healthcare Fund available.
- Maternal/Paternal leave
If you have a baby, you’re paid for any time you need to take off. The time you take off will be your judgment. This is an important time and we don’t want to be deciding which days you should be taking off or not. We’ll be there for you. If we feel the balance is not quite right or if you have any questions, we’ll chat.