Senior UX Researcher, Bilingual(FR/EN)
Who We Are
As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable, and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.If that’s you, let’s work, learn, and grow together.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some Of What You Will DoAs a Senior UX Researcher at Staples Canada, you will conduct both strategic problem space research and evaluative solution space research to help Staples Canada create customer-centric products and services that support our overall business objectives.You will work with business partners to bring in customer insights to build strategic UX research artifacts including JTBD maps, thinking styles, journey diagrams competitive analysis and to identify and evaluate research topics. Then, conduct remote and in-person research using a range of UX research methods such as listening sessions, surveys, usability testing, card sorts, tree testing and others.
Specifically, You Will
- Deliver research findings and results that help drive business KPIs and OKRs (objectives and key results) for initiatives.
- Be able to come up with multiple possible research methods for a given research scope and recommend an effective course of action, validating the approach with their manager.
- Convey ideas and insights in a clear and concise manner, breaking down complex findings into concise and digestible concepts that help people make good decisions on behalf of the needs of our customers and the business.
- Be able to balance research methods that support either a scrappy, MVP approach when appropriate, or a longer-term approach building foundational needs and scalability and understand when to use which method.
- Identify issues within defined research scopes as provided, and efficiently work with stakeholders to align research objectives with the appropriate methodologies and plans.
- Ask questions and identify additional needs beyond the initial defined scope.
- Contributes positively to Staples culture by supporting team or company efforts outside of direct scope.
- Supports team learning by testing or creating new tools, surfacing highlights and lowlights, and sharing best practices.
- Leverages cross-functional partnerships to effectively problem-solve and implement solutions.
- Monitors effectiveness of ideas, iterates/pivots where needed with some manager guidance, and suggests other areas to apply solutions if successful.
- Moves beyond a task-only mindset to proactively seek out innovations, often building on others’ ideas.
- Questions the status quo, suggesting new ideas as appropriate.
- Is a self-starter and owns their to-do list; asks good questions about what to prioritize; brings a POV about what to add and subtract.
- Proactively offers constructive feedback to manager and teammates to help the team grow.
Full-timeStaples Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities.
Some Of What You Need
- B.A/B.S. or higher in a field related to human behavior, such as HCI, psychology, anthropology, sociology, communication, information science, media studies, computer science, or economics.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in using qualitative research techniques to generate insights for products and design teams.
- For this role we are placing high importance on someone who is fluently bilingual (French / English). This role will involve conducting interviews with francophones.
- Hands-on experience gathering requirements, planning, and executing both evaluative and strategic UX research, recruiting the perfect participants, gathering data, analyzing & summarizing results, and sharing findings.
- A great storyteller and communicator.
- Strong sense of empathy and ability to understand the perspectives of both the customers we are studying and the stakeholders trying to make customer-centered decisions.
- Familiarity with combining qualitative and quantitative data.
- Collaborating closely with designers, developers, product managers, and other disciplines to understand customer concerns with new products or experiences.
Hybrid Work Environment-both onsite and offsite if in GTA and remote elsewhere
Some Of What You Will Get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Performance bonuses
- Learning & Development programs
- And more…
Richmond Hill, ON (Hybrid)
🙌 Share & Support
Please let know you found this position on DesignX Job Board as a way to support us so we can keep fostering this community.