UX Designer, FinTech UX
If you’ve been yearning for a chance to apply your design prowess and finely-tuned user-first thinking to solving hard and interesting real-world problems, this might just be the position for you.
The FinTech UX team has an important and highly visible role at Amazon. The team works within the larger Finance organization to provide innovative technological solutions for complex business problems.
Qualified candidates for this position don’t need a background in Finance. The well qualified candidate will stand out for their passion for solving puzzles, applying consistency, turning complexity into simplicity, and refusing to compromise when fighting for their users’ right to get things done without a lot of overhead.
Join a team of passionate User Experience Designers who are serious about making a difference. We’re not just working on internal tools; we’re using best practices, design thinking, consistent design patterns, and real numbers to build delightful and important user experiences that matter.
We’re looking for a talented and experienced UX Designer who will help lead the FinTech vision of building a suite of tightly integrated products that work together to solve complex business needs. We are developing innovative products including a next-generation application platform, data discovery engine, mapping platform and visualization engine, and more with state-of-the-art user experiences.
Did we say “innovation?” We’re serious about that. Have you ever wanted to file a patent for your design work? Now’s your chance!
Key job responsibilities
– Own the end-to-end design of delightful customer experiences for multiple products.
– Define, contribute, and maintain user-centric design processes that include market analysis, customer feedback, user interviews, usability testing, and UX metrics analysis.
– Provide UX research and design artifacts, including user personas, user journey maps, IA diagrams, flow diagrams, low-fi wireframes, hi-fi mockups, and interactive prototypes.
– Use business requirements and research outcomes to help develop use cases and requirements.
– Partner with the product teams to represent customer needs in the requirements development process.
– Present and defend design work to product owners, development teams, product teams, executives, and other product stakeholders for review and feedback.
About the team
Join a team of fun, brilliant, extremely creative UX Design and Research professionals where you’ll have a chance to exchange ideas, evolve our design processes, and show off your work. We laugh regularly, trust and learn from each other, and inspire each other to even greater heights!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Seattle, WA, USA
– 3+ years of user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar design-related role experience
– 3+ years of design experience
– Experience acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and creating personas and journey maps
– Have an available online portfolio
– Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $94,200/year in our lowest geographic market up to $184,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
🙌 Share & Support
Please let know you found this position on DesignX Job Board as a way to support us so we can keep fostering this community.